If you participate in our Oaktree Body Program, you might be familiar with recipes like this. We love healthy soups, especially in the winter months!
The Oaktree Body program offers lots of recipes and meal planning ideas! Ask us if you have any questions or would like to join. We would love to help you maximize your wellness and nutrition, or help you with your weight loss goals!
This delicious creamy pumpkin soup gets it’s creaminess from cauliflower puree and pumpkin. The sausage and kale make it a healthy, low carb, comforting soup.
Tip: If desired, the kale can be substituted for spinach and the sausage for ground beef! We tried it like this as well and it was delicious!
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 lb sweet Italian sausage, castings off (or ground beef)
- 15 oz can pumpkin puree (pure pumpkin)
- 5 mushrooms, sliced
- 1 red pepper, chopped
- 2 cups baby kale, chopped (or baby spinach)
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon “Better than Bouillon” (chicken – optional)
- 2 cups cauliflower
- 1 tablespoon butter (or ghee)
- In a soup pot, add olive oil and brown the sausage (or beef). Make sure to break the sausage into bite sized pieces.
- Add your mushrooms, peppers, salt and pepper and sauté for a few minutes.
- Add your pumpkin, broth, kale and Better than Bouillon (if using) and continue to cook for 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, add your cauliflower to a microwave safe bowl and cook for 10 minutes or until soft.
- Add cauliflower mixture to a high speed blender along with the butter and puree until smooth and creamy.
- Add cauliflower mixture to the soup and mix well. Cook for an additional 2 minutes.
From MyLifeCookbook.com – Denise Wright