Sourced from: nonglutenrecipes.wordpress.com
Hummus is a Middle Eastern sauce/dip that is traditionally made with ground chickpeas. This recipe uses zucchini instead to make it paleo-friendly, and includes olive oil, lemon juice, garlic, seasonings and tahini.
- 1 medium zucchini, peeled and chopped
- ¼ cup fresh squeeze lemon juice
- ¼ cup tahini (or nut butter if you do not eat seeds)
- 1 Tbsp. extra virgin olive oil (plus extra for garnish)
- 1 tsp. cumin
- ½ tsp. sea salt
- ¼ tsp. fresh ground black pepper
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- Dash paprika (for garnish)
- Place the lemon juice and tahini in a food processor or blender and blend for about 30 seconds or until well combined and creamy. You may need to scrape the sides once or twice to get the ingredients to fully combine.
- Add the zucchini, olive oil, cumin, sea salt, black pepper and garlic and blend until smooth. You may need to scrape the sides once or twice.
- Transfer the hummus to a medium sized bowl and place in the refrigerator for at least 30 minutes.
- Serve with a drizzle of olive oil and a couple dashes of paprika for garnish.
Let us know how you enjoyed or modified the recipe, leave a comment below or send us you photos!