Sourced from: marksdailyapple.com
Is it a Primal Energy Bar or the perfect Primal dessert? Call them what you will, these delicious little morsels deliver a healthy dose of fat and protein and satisfy an urge for something sweet. Frozen Coconut Macadamia Bars are incredibly easy to make and have an deliciously decadent flavor and texture.
- 1 cup unsweetened flaked organic coconut (watch out for sulfites in dried coconut!)
- 1 1/2 cups raw, unsalted macadamia nuts
- 3/4 cup melted organic coconut oil
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds
- Pinch of sea salt
- Preheat oven to 350 ºF.
- Put the coconut flakes in a pan and toast in the oven until lightly browned, about five minutes.
- Line an 8×8 pan with parchment paper.
- Process the macadamia nuts and coconut oil in a food processor until very smooth. Add the coconut flakes and chia seeds and pulse a few times.
- Pour the batter into the 8×8 pan. Sprinkle a pinch of sea salt on top.
- Freeze until solid, about 30 minutes.
- Cut into small bars. Store in the freezer.
Let us know how you enjoyed or modified the recipe, leave a comment below or send us you photos!