- 1 lb salmon fillet, cut in half (to fit in a steamer basket)
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- Juice from 2 limes (about 1/4 cup)
- 8 cups mixed baby greens
- 1 avocado, thinly sliced
- Sliced tomatoes
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1/4 cup white-wine vinegar
- 1 tbsp chopped fresh ginger
- Season fish with salt, pepper, cumin, and lime juice.
- Steam in a bamboo steamer or a pot with a steamer insert until tender, about 3 minutes per side.
- Set aside 10 minutes to cool.
- Mix dressing ingredients in a small bowl.
- With a fork, coarsely flake the fish; toss with greens and just enough dressing to lightly coat leaves.
- Divide among 4 plates.
- Arrange avocado slices and tomatoes on top of salad and drizzle lightly with dressing.
Let us know how you enjoyed or modified the recipe, leave a comment below or send us you photos!