If you have never had sashimi grade tuna – now is the time! Fresh chunks of tuna coated in sesame oil and spices and mixed with fresh salad greens. A great salad with a taste of Asia.
Ingredients for tuna poke
- 1-2 tablespoons tamari
- 2 tablespoons avocado oil
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1/2 cup sliced green onion
- 1/4 cup finely chopped white onion
- 1/2 pound sashimi grade tuna, cut into cubes
- Crushed red pepper to taste
Ingredients for salad
- A handful of your favorite leafy greens (a combination of delicate and crunchy greens work well, like arugula + romaine)
- 1-2 green onions, very thinly sliced at an angle
- 1-2 carrots, cut into matchsticks
- A half dozen or so lightly cooked asparagus spears, cut into 1-inch pieces
- A generous handful of snow peas, cut in half
- 1 tablespoon tahini, thinned with 1 or 2 tablespoons of water
- 1-2 tablespoons crushed sesame seeds
- 1 Avocado, thinly sliced
- For the poke, mix tamari and oils together.
- Add the rest of the ingredients and mix gently. Let chill while you make the salad.
- For the salad, toss all but last two ingredients together in a large bowl.
- Divide the salad into individual bowls and split the poke between them.
- Garnish with sesame seeds and sliced avocado.
*Adapted from foodnessgracious.com