*Adapted from realfoodrn.com
Zucchini noodles are a healthy twist on an Italian classic. Get all the taste without the carb overload!
- 1 large zucchini
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh basil
- 2 tbsp bacon fat
- 2 tbsp grass-fed butter
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1 tbsp freshly chopped garlic
- Protein of your choice – I would do shrimp!
- Using the nifty gadget the Spiralizer or a julienne peeler, make the zucchini into noodles. Other option, using a good vegetable peeler – make wide linguine-style noodles!
- Heat bacon fat in a skillet over medium-high heat
- Add your protein (chopped chicken or thawed, de-tailed shrimp perhaps) and sauté until almost cooked through.
- Add zucchini noodles to the skillet and cook for about 5 minutes, just to soften them and finish cooking the protein.
- Remove from heat
- Add butter, fresh garlic and salt
- Sprinkle basil on top
Let us know how you enjoyed or modified the recipe, leave a comment below or send us you photos!