So what is grounding? Grounding, or earthing, refers to connecting electrically with the Earth. A growing body of research is finding numerous health benefits as a result of the physical body being grounded.
Unfortunately, with our modern rubber or plastic soled shoes and insulated sleeping arrangements, we no longer have a natural electrical connection to the Earth, unless walking barefoot.
There are two key reasons why this electrical connection is important:
- The Earth is a massive reservoir of negatively charged free electrons. Without a connection to this reservoir, the cells in our body are unable to balance the positive charge which results from things like electron-deficient free radicals. The effect of excess positive charge in the blood can be seen very clearly by the way in which the cells are attracted to clump together.
- Our modern environment is full of a wide spectrum of electromagnetic radiation, from computers, mobile phones & masts, radio & TV broadcasts, WiFi, Bluetooth, power lines, domestic wiring, and other electrical appliances. This electromagnetic radiation induces voltages in our bodies, disrupting the trillions of subtle electrical communications which are a vital part of the function of our body’s systems. By being grounded to the Earth we greatly reduce the levels of these induced voltages, as we are then effectively shielded by the Earth’s large electrical mass.
On a less tangible level, it may also be that the connection we make with the Earth actually carries information, and helps align us with the greater network of intelligence of our planet.
How to be Grounded?
The simplest way to be grounded is to go outside and place your bare feet or hands on some grass or earth, or to immerse yourself in a body of conductive water such as the sea or a mineral-rich lake.
When indoors, an Earth connection can be made by driving a metal rod into the ground outside, running a wire from the rod, and then connecting it to ourselves.
This may sound like a lot of hassle, but fortunately the majority of domestic electrical systems in the world already have such a rod and wire running indoors, connecting to the ‘earth’ pin on every mains electrical outlet. And rather than having to connect a wire to ourselves, a variety of conductive products have been developed, such as earthing sheets, mats, bands and patches.
The Effects of Grounding
The most immediately noticeable effect people report from being grounded is that they ‘feel better’. This has been described as a feeling of greater peace within themselves, feeling calmer with reduced stress levels. If there is pain present then often this is reduced or disappears completely.
People who notice negative effects from using computers or other electrical equipment report a reduction or elimination of these effects when grounded.
With regular grounding, numerous health benefits have been observed, such as:
- Improved immune function
- Improved digestion
- Improved sleep
- Rapid healing of injuries
- Improved blood circulation
- Harmonisation and stabilisation of the body’s basic biological rhythms
- Accelerated recovery from intense athletic activity
- Reduction of inflammation
- Reduced stress / anxiety / irritability
- Reduced electrosensitiviy
Please note that none of the information here constitutes medical advice in any way, or claims cure or treatment of any medical condition. Always consult a medical doctor regarding any personal health issues.
*Sourced from groundology.com