- 1 tablespoon coconut oil (for cooking)
- 1 clove of garlic crushed
- 1 red onion, chopped
- 1 box, 10 ounces, frozen spinach, defrosted
- 2 teaspoons fresh oregano, lightly crushed in the palm, divided
- 1 1/3 pounds ground turkey breast (or any meat of your choice)
- Sea salt and fresh ground pepper to taste
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat. To one side, add the coconut oil, add the chopped garlic and chopped red onion and cook for 5 minutes. Transfer the onions and garlic to a bowl to cool. Return the pan to heat.
- Wring the defrosted spinach dry by twisting it in a clean kitchen towel over your sink. Separate the spinach as you add it to the bowl with cooled onions, garlic and season with 1 teaspoon of oregano. Add in chicken or turkey, grill seasoning and a drizzle of melted coconut oil. Mix and form into 4 patties, 1-inch thick.
- Raise heat on pan to medium-high. Add patties and cook 6 min on each side.