This is a simple and filling recipe. The contrast of the cool and spicy avocado and the warm, sweet yams is surprisingly yummy!
- 4 yams
- 1 medium bell pepper, seeded and diced
- 2 avocados – peeled, pitted and mashed
- ¼ cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 green onions sliced
- ½ tsp ground cumin
- 3 tbsp lime juice
- Sea salt and ground black pepper to taste
- ¼ cup olive oil or melted coconut oil
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Place yams on a baking sheet.
- Bake yams for 40 minutes, or until tender, turning occasionally. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, mix together the pepper, avocado, cilantro, olive or melted coconut oil, green onions, cumin and lime juice.
- Cut yams in half lengthwise, and fluff the centers with a fork. Top with the avocado stuffing. Season with salt and pepper.
Let us know how you modified the recipe, leave a comment below or send us you photos!