Who ever said eating healthy couldn’t be tasty too? Start your day with lots of good fats to help get you going in the morning and to support your brain health and energy for the day.
- Organic bacon
- Salt & pepper
- Coconut oil
- Fresh herbs of choice (if desired)
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
- Cook the bacon – but not too much. You still want to be able to bend it.
- Cut the avocadoes in half and remove the pits.
- With a small spoon, gently go around the edge and loosen the avocado from the skin.
- Scoop out a bit of avocado to make room for the egg and generously season with salt and pepper.
- Use an upside down muffin pan to balance the avocados.
- Grease the pan with a bit of coconut oil as it will be easier to clean up the egg drips this way.
- Cut the bacon slices in half and slide them in between the avocado skin and the pulp – repeat this for all your avocados.
- Crack an egg in a bowl and then gently pour it into the avocado where the pit once was.
- Bake at 350 degrees for about 20 minutes or until the egg is cooked to your liking.
There are so many different ways that you can adapt this recipe – for example, no bacon but add a bit of salsa!
Let us know how you modified the recipe, leave a comment below or send us you photos!
*adapted from necessaryindulgences.com